As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Can You Use Headphones While Charging?
While wireless headphones run out of battery at the most needy moment, many people opt to use them while charging and there arises a question that is it safe to use wireless headphones while charging.
The quick answer is no. It’s not safe to use headphones while charging your device because it could cause a fire. If you must use headphones while charging, make sure to unplug them as soon as your device is fully charged.
Why Is It Not Safe to Use Headphones While Charging
There are various reasons that you should not charge your headphones while using them, some of the main reasons are mentioned below:
- It can cause a fire: When you use headphones while charging, it puts extra stress on the battery which could lead to overheating and eventually cause a fire.
- It can damage your headphones: If you use your headphones while they’re plugged into the charger, you could end up damaging the wires because the wires become hot due to the flow of electric current. Thus leading ultimately to the headphone damage and speaker damage.
- It can shorten the lifespan of your batteries: Constantly charging your headphones will shorten the lifespan of the batteries. Batteries are designed to last for a certain number of charge cycles, and if you charge them too often, you’ll end up needing to replace them sooner than necessary.
What if Headphones Become Too Hot While Charging
If you notice that your headphones are getting too hot while charging, then it’s best to stop using them and let them cool down. If the headphones continue to get hot even after they’ve been unplugged from the charger, then there could be a problem with the battery and you should stop using them immediately.
How to Use Headphones While Charging
It is highly recommended not to use headphones while charging but still if it’s obligate to use headphones while charging you should keep in view the following steps:
- First of all, use only the official charger that came with your headphones.
- Secondly, unplug the headphones as soon as your device is fully charged. Or you can also charge them partly and unplug them and then charge them again when they’re not in use.
- Thirdly, don’t leave your headphones ON while charging if you’re not using them.
- Fourthly, if you notice that your headphones are getting too hot while charging, then take a break, put your headphones aside and let them attain a stable cool temperature.
- Lastly, if your headphones don’t cool down after you have unplugged them, there might be some serious problem with your headphones internal circuit and you should stop using them at once. You should also not turn them ON for some time and allow them to cool down.
By following these simple steps mentioned above, you can charge your headphones safely without damaging them or putting yourself at risk of a fire. So next time when you think about Can You Use Headphones While Charging, think twice and take all the safety measures before using them.
We hope that this article has provided you with all the information regarding the use of headphones while charging them. We have also mentioned some simple steps that you can follow to charge your headphones safely.